Environmental and Territorial Management Institute has as a vision the sustainable development, environmental justice, territorial management, transparency and democratic participation. ETMI promotes cleanliness, health and environmental sustainability.
Environmental and Territorial Management Institute (ETMI) is a non-profit organization created in March 2014. ETMI collaborates with experts in the fields of environment, territory and other areas to promote environmental and territorial management at regional, national and international level in coherence with the sustainable development of European standards.
Objectives of the Center
- Conducted research in the field of environmental and territorial management and development studies in these fields;
- Promoting sustainable development through public participation;
- Public awareness on environmental issues through educational programs;
- Development and implementation of environmental and territorial policies;
- To provide advice and consultancy as well as organize training for enhancing the quality of activities of Albanian environmental organizations and territorial development;
- To conduct studies and research aimed at promoting and developing the initiative in the field of transfer of new technologies in all areas of environmental, territorial development, water, treatment, waste management, renewable energy, conservation and preservation of biodiversity and land use planning;
- To provide assistance, services, consultancy and training to public institutions, enterprises, associations and different target groups, especially new ones, to the possession and application of technologies and methods of improving the state of a healthy environment;
- To promote activities in Albania and abroad aimed especially mass recognition and acquisition of international norms and standards in the field of the environmental protection and sustainable territorial development;
- To take part in various projects in accordance with the objectives and goals of the center.